Friday, December 17, 2010

Still Alive!

Yes, we're still alive and kicking....someone reminded me to update my blog so here I am. lol

Been keeping pretty busy for a bit now. Lots going on with, schooling, general holiday planning and such. I've also been doing a lot of exercising...finally putting myself first for a change so that I can take better care of my family! =D I need it and it is making a difference in me.

Things are going pretty well with school....as you can imagine, there is always room for improvement. Bubby is doing well in school. =) I do need to pay more attention to spelling and reviewing his phonics more. We try to start each day by reading a chapter from the Bible and then praying. It really sets the tone for the day and the day always seems to go smoother. It's amazing how good things can be when you put God first!

Princess is doing good too! She has learned her ABCs and is so proud....Mommy and Daddy are proud too! =D Now I need to move into the next steps with her....I'm thinking she is going to be an early reader. I haven't been pushing her by any means, but she is way more eager about learning than Bubby ever was. Now that his reading is improving more and more though it encourages him to keep going.

I'm still really liking the BJU. Unless something major happens I will be using this same curriculum for math and English for the foreseeable future. Bubby does well when studying sentence structure, but he despises the actual handwriting....you'd think I was ripping his heart out or something!

Making plans for the Midwest Homeschool Convention coming at the end of March! So excited! I'm already registered and made hotel arrangements. Looking forward to a time of refreshing, learning new ideas and encouragement. =D

I'll try not to wait so long until my next update!

No comments:

Post a Comment